Thursday, September 2, 2010

My Gay Montauk Life

-disclaimer: this is not all true-

Welcome to my home. My home away from home. My very-not-gay-home. So not gay, in fact, that I am single handedly keeping the rainbow on the east end of Long Island in view until Hurricane Earl (who is gay, by the way), comes to help me out. In practice, this means skipping down the street in my relatively skimpy bathing suit. Which has its perks.


So I have been here in Montauk since Saturday, and will be here till Monday, assuming that Earl (that 'Mo) doesn't knock out all modes of transportation. I have worked real hard to make sure I have tanned well on all sides, have finished one Michael Crihton (sp?) book and started a John Grishom book. I'm telling you, that's more exhausting than it sounds.

Oh wait, this entry is supposed to be about the gay scene in Montauk - and looking back at what I have written so far, I seem to have captured its depth quite fully. My iPhone gaydar application shows that the next gay male is 11.8 miles away (this is true). So I forge ahead in my gayness all alone, overdoing it just a little to make Montauk just a little more gay than it was when I got here.

It was also decided last night that it was a really awesome win for the gay community to capture the word 'gay', because it is a pretty great adjective (as distinct from a noun). So I decided that our next conquest should be the word "awesome." So do what you can to help the "gay community" become the "awesome community."

Now you know about Gay Montauk. Does that make you a better person?

No comments:

Post a Comment